Happy New Year!
And the Legislative Session that will steal it away!
I hope Everyone had a wonderful Christmas and is gearing up for a great New Year. As we enter the New Year we are all making our wishes for a better year for each of our families. You are going to be seeing a number of emails from us soon as we enter the most difficult legislative situation our registered families have faced in New Mexico. For those that did not make the first telephonic meeting which was a success, here are some things we do know;1. Aggressive bills aimed at registered families will be introduced. A retroactive life sentencefor everyone ever convicted is a real possible outcome.
2. The Republican House will be a rubber stamp for these bills.
3. Our ability to simply kill bills will be drastically limited by politics.
4. The continued reliance of Thousands of registered N.M. families, on 2-3 volunteers is no longer realistic.
5. This years legislative session WILL have a real financial cost connected to lobbying and protecting your family, as we no long have a volunteer Lobbyist.
6. This years session WILL have times where we will need you, AND your children in attendance. The excuses simply wont cut it this year.I will talk more about how you can help our families all survive this tough 2015 situation and how you can volunteer or donate money. But if you are one of the nearly 4,000 waiting for the knight in shining armor in 2015.. He is not coming!! So HELP US HELP YOU!
Employment and Housing Project
I have gotten more then a few crazy looks when I proposed taking this on as a project for LJC. After all many hundreds have cried out this is an important project to take on, but none would volunteer themselves. And since the true barrier to employment and housing is the registry itself...... Regardless I want to take a shot at this. Like everything LJC does it requires money and volunteers. In this case I need the simplest form of volunteering, sending me an email with information. That is it!Here are the ground rules.1. All information disclosed to LJC will be held confidential with access only to the BOD.
2. No Registered Citizen owned business will ever be publicly advertised as such beyond our mailing list where networking between businesses and patronizing those businesses will be encouraged.
3. No employer or Housing provider will be advertised ANYWHERE, only basic information given to prospective qualifying potential applicants after I have reviewed there qualifications or housing needs and income.
The idea is we don't want to broadcast to the world company X hires registrants. Or John Smith said to apply here because you hire sex offenders. Additionally we want to avoid burning any housing resources by sending those with out income or who may be a problem.
Here is what I need from YOU.
If you work for an employer who is friendly toward hiring registrants, please let me know;
1. Name, location and phone number
2. If they are hiring(or have any potential of hiring down the road)
3. Types of jobs and experience required
4. Any other information you deem important. ie: Ok to use my name as a reference. Or talk to Joe Shmo
5. FAST EMPLOYMENT HOTLINE: if you are an employer and need a quick position filled our average time to fulfillment could be counted as mere minutes! There are registrants that need work and are willing to work. Simply email me the specifics of the job opening.
If you or a family member owns a small business;
1. Give me your business name and other important information such as location, phone number, services or products provided, ect.
2. Special deals for registered families or owned businesses.
3. We will ask you to create some marketing info for future emails
If you rent from someone who regularly has properties for rent or who may and has over looked your families registered status;
1. Name of property or owner, location, contact information and approximate rental rates
2. Any other information you feel relevant.
Thanks in advance for participating in the new Work and and Housing project. At this time I will not be taking requests for referrals until I have enough information gathered. Stay tuned for updates, and thanks for everyone's participation in this important project.